Birth Doula Package
- Two prenatal visits in your home
- Phone and email support from the time you hire me
- Labor support in your home before you leave for the hospital/birth center unless you are birthing at home
- Continuous support throughout your labor and birth (after 12 hours, a per-hour charge applies)
- Support with early breastfeeding
Childbirth education can ease a woman’s fears, prepare her for labor, and help her family and friends support her labor and delivery, regardless whether she has a vaginal, unmedicated birth, a cesarean birth, or anything in between. For that reason, please note that a rigorous childbirth class is required for doula services. Most non-hospital classes will provide the right preparation. If you’re unsure, let’s talk! If you would like to include private childbirth classes as part of your services, see below.
Birth Doula & Private Birthing From Within Class Package
- All services in Birth Doula Package
- 12 hours of childbirth preparation in your home, including the prenatal visits and childbirth classes. The sessions can be divided into three 4-hour sessions (on weekends) or four 3-hour sessions (weeknights or weekends). For more information, visit my Childbirth Classes in Chicago page or the Birthing From Within site.
Other Birth Services
- Mother Blessing Ceremonies
- Prenatal and Postnatal Massage
- Cloth Diapering Education
- Placenta Encapsulation
- Birthing From Within Classes
“Like” Amy Ortega Birth Services on Facebook for updates and pregnancy, birth, and parenting news.