Amy offers excellent doula services in Chicago and the nearby suburbs. Check out the list of service offerings to see what will work for your family!
Birth Doula Package
- One prenatal visits in your home
- Phone and email support from the time you hire me
- Labor support in your home before you leave for the hospital/birth center unless you are birthing at home
- Continuous support throughout your labor and birth (after 12 hours, a per-hour charge applies)
- Support with early breastfeeding
Childbirth education can ease a woman’s fears, prepare her for labor, and help her family and friends support her labor and delivery, regardless whether she has a vaginal, unmedicated birth, a cesarean birth, or anything in between. For that reason, please note that a rigorous childbirth class is required for doula services. Most non-hospital classes will provide the right preparation. If you’re unsure, let’s talk! If you would like to include private childbirth classes as part of your services, see below.
Birth Doula & Private Birthing From Within Class Package
- All services in Birth Doula Package
- 12 hours of childbirth preparation in your home, including the prenatal visits and childbirth classes. The sessions can be divided into three 4-hour sessions (on weekends) or four 3-hour sessions (weeknights or weekends). For more information, visit my Childbirth Classes in Chicago page or the Birthing From Within site.
Other Birth Services
“Like” Amy Ortega Birth Services on Facebook for updates and pregnancy, birth, and parenting news.